Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR2835 - 1st July 2021

AbsolutelyN

8 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Fantastic Tristan, so much fine detail. Just been perusing Astrobin and your image of this group is by far the most detailed on there, well worth a top pick!

Do you use a continuum filter? 

Thanks Craig, yes I did use a continuum filter. You should get a full aperture filter for your 300mm beast - that would have some serious resolution! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AbsolutelyN said:

Thanks Craig, yes I did use a continuum filter. You should get a full aperture filter for your 300mm beast - that would have some serious resolution! 

Yes it's tempting, I've got a Baader 240mm ASTF for the Fullerscope (220mm) and I've attempted to fit it to the 300p to get the full 240mm aperture but the tube is just a bit too big. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2021 at 07:50, CraigT82 said:

Fantastic Tristan, so much fine detail. Just been perusing Astrobin and your image of this group is by far the most detailed on there, well worth a top pick!

Do you use a continuum filter? 

Just noticed you went better than top pick and got IOTD with this one! Congratulations, it is s stupendously good image.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Just noticed you went better than top pick and got IOTD with this one! Congratulations, it is s stupendously good image.

Thanks Craig. Inspired by your recent Jupiter/Saturn images - had a go other night and failed miserably. Does the ADC make a big difference?  

• Like 1

Yes I think it does although to be honest I haven't done a back to back test. When I first get lined up on Jupiter the blue and red fringing is very obvious on the live view, and once the ADC is adjusted there is no fringing visible, which to me indicates that it works. Whether the final image contains more detail with the ADC just without the fringing I don't know as I've never tested, perhaps I should. There are plenty of before/after ADC pics online showing how well they work to have convinced me, particularly Martin Lewis' website (skyinspector). Good info there. 

I've got the ADC adjustment down to a tee now so using it is no real hindrance, takes about a minute. 

• Thanks 1