Narrowband

WR134 - with nebula

alexbb

WR134 is a variable Wolf Rayet star shedding away and radiating gas. I knew about it, but I wasn't aware exactly where it is until last year when I shot a wide region of the Cygnus area. It is a little towards the south away from the Crescent nebula.

The surrounding nebula has an interesting appearance, especially in OIII. In my view, it resembles a blue gas cooker flame.

It is a difficult to process area with so many stars and the nebula it's pretty dim too. For a better idea, I will post a simple stretch too.

Even though I used StarNet to remove the stars and Topaz Denoise on the background too after PI denoising routines, I tried as much as possible to keep the real details unaltered.

For this image I chose to stretch less the green channel for a more vivid red/blue image to resemble a burning flame.

Most of the data is OIII. The Ha was strong enough, I needed less of it to match the oxygen channel.

Image on astrobin too: https://www.astrobin.com/le8to5/

Clear skies!

WR134-HOO-p02_watermark.thumb.jpg.6f5d93d3fdde5278c13546c627bcd188.jpg

hoo_stretch01_resized_watermark.thumb.jpg.fbee54feba439e11b35e30d426e788a6.jpg

Edited by alexbb
  • Like 15

• alexbb changed the title to WR134 - with nebula

Many thanks for let me know about this subject I was ignoring.

It is really interesting subject and as far as I can see it should be also interesting to process.

I'm really interested in how you take out a so nice blue/Oiii from the master.

Would you mind to share some details on your flow?

Many thanks and clear sky!

• Thanks 1

Thank you!

On 25/06/2021 at 21:01, GiorgioF said:

I'm really interested in how you take out a so nice blue/Oiii from the master.

Would you mind to share some details on your flow?

I usually don't stretch the blue so much, but this time I stretched it more than usual for the blue flame effect.

I made a composition of HOO as RGB for the initial support image, then stretched in GIMP in lighten mode the Ha channel as red and OIII as blue until I considered enough.