SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to I shut down in EKOS?

JSeaman

I am just entering the world of EKOS at the moment and trying to get a sequence for imaging set up. I have managed to unpark, take images and park again but I'd like to shut the pi down at the end. I assume the script circled below is the place to put it but I tried "systemctl poweroff" in a text file and that didn't work. Is anybody able to point me in the right direction?

image.thumb.png.c377683031ba40e81b8eff14e4d8daf2.png

There is a pi add on board the allows for remote safe shutdown. I use one of these to shut down the pi in my all sky camera.

PowerBlock - Raspberry Pi Power Switch

available from the Pi Hut. Take a look as it might be an easy solution. Also does a safe startup

Surely this is what the script is supposed to be for though? I don't understand why you would need a separate board, it's just a line of code that needs to be run, do you have a link so I can check out the board you mean?

I'm hoping I have just got some bits to add to the script file but I'm not sure what

8 minutes ago, JSeaman said:

Surely this is what the script is supposed to be for though? I don't understand why you would need a separate board, it's just a line of code that needs to be run, do you have a link so I can check out the board you mean?

I'm hoping I have just got some bits to add to the script file but I'm not sure what

Yes agreed, no need for the add on board…ask the question on the INdI forum, I am sure Jasem the author will answer in a day or so….👍🏼

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JSeaman said:

Ah amazing, I thought I had done something wrong - thank you very much indeed!

Try this, but you have to make it executable first

#!/bin/bash
sudo shutdown

create a new file with the .sh extension (so for example shutdown.sh) add the code above, save it to a folder, then in a terminal type chmod a+x (your script name).sh make sure you include the path of your script

and then try that in ekos putting the script file path in the box…

Edited by Stuart1971

Hi Stuart,

Thanks again, you're onto something - I tried various shutdown commands and changed the execute permissions etc. All had the same effect which is that it shuts down the Indi control panel (but only the control panel)

James

45 minutes ago, JSeaman said:

Hi Stuart,

Thanks again, you're onto something - I tried various shutdown commands and changed the execute permissions etc. All had the same effect which is that it shuts down the Indi control panel (but only the control panel)

James

Did you do it, by creating the bash script and making executable as I showed above…and then placing the script path in the ekos scheduler, or just typed it in a terminal window..?

It should not just shutdown INdI, as the command “shutdown” means the whole system….

You are running ekos from the PI aren’t you… and not from a PC…

Initially I did it with a terminal window but I also tried it with your commands above and it did the same with each.

Understood it's clearly not desired behaviour (and not what happens if I run the script directly) but I thought maybe leads to a permissions issue?

EKOS is running on the Pi but I am remote connected to the Pi via the astroberry.local/desktop URL so wondered if that was limiting my permissions?