SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cygnus Mosaic now 5 panels

carastro

I hadn't intend to increase the size of this Mosaic, but since my latest image overlapped it I thought I would see what it looked like, but I am not sure if I will do any further panels (we will see). 

Sadr region was around 7 hours.
Crescent region was 5 hours 20mins, and the rest was made up of the two smaller corners I have to fill in making 15hours 17 1/2 minutes.
Now added the Tulip region a further 9 1/2 hours.

Atik 460EX, Samyang 135mm F2 lens @ F2.8
Guided on HEQ5

Carole 

spacer.pngTotal time for all 5 panels = 24 hours and 47 1/2 mins.

Edited by carastro
  • Like 33

Beautiful image.

Just started my astronomy journey with an Evostar 102 and found myself lost in the Gamma Cygni Nebula last night, breath-taking in observation but this mosaic is another level! 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

Any idea what the total field of view is?

Sorry Padriac, I don't do statistics any further than how many Moon widths things are if trying to use a telescope.  I generally use Imaging Toolbox  to work out if things will fit.  Great bit of software with the author a very modest member of this forum.  

Carole    

Wonderful image, IMHO any mosaic project from the UK is quite an undertaking, and you have done a great job with this one.

It must be tempting though to carry on and create a full rectangular FOV?

• Like 1

Are you sure that's not a borrowed Hubble image?! 😉😀

Lol, there are some flaws which if I get another couple of panels may get eradicated in the overlap.  Getting more tempted to do another couple of panels. 

Carole 

• Like 1