Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan pro windows issues

I have connected my az gti mount on eq mode to my laptop wirelessly and can connect to the synscan pro app on my laptop and I can move the mount around but when I go to alignment I I get a error saying application must have only single FDmanager. I'll attach a screen shot. Also it says unable to open database file. I've installed ascom and phd2 along with the synscan ascom driver, how can I rectify this issue, I'm just setting it up for a dry run to test everything. 

IMG_20210616_184918.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

Right all sorted now, complete noon error, my synscan short was outside of the folder with all the files in that's why it couldn't find the database doh, it's all working now and can align well in practice, how on earth am I supposed to image when I can't get the basics right haha. But working now 

• 1 year later...
On 16/06/2021 at 19:19, AstroNebulee said:

Right all sorted now, complete noon error, my synscan short was outside of the folder with all the files in that's why it couldn't find the database doh, it's all working now and can align well in practice, how on earth am I supposed to image when I can't get the basics right haha. But working now 

Hello I know this is an old post but I searched and found your post. I have the same problem but need help in how you sorted the error. hope your still around. thanks 

In his update he said the fix was due to his shortcut for starting Synscan app was not in the synscan folder where the necessary files it needs are located. Are you using a shortcut too? If so try using the the app exe in its own location, if that solves it then check the start in setting of the shortcut properties and make that the exe folder.

• Like 1