Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrozap light shroud...How does it fasten?

I have looked at the pictures online and it does not give a clue as to how it fastens. Does  it come as a "tube" that slides down over the scope or does it wrap around and is fastened down a seam with velcro or a zip?

Do the focuser and finder have to be removed to fit if its a "tube"? Are the reinforcing bars split or closed?

the Scope is a SW400 flexitube but I am guessing that the same fastening applies to any of the smaller scope versions.

thanks in advance for any relies

I used to use one with a 12 inch Meade Lightbridge dobsonian. The Astrozap shroud then was a tube of material with complete hoops which dropped over the trusses and lower scope tube from the top end with the upper tube section removed. The upper tube assembly was then replaced and the shroud fastened at the top and bottom using a drawstring to fasten it to the bottom and top tube sections.

Maybe the design is changed with other scope designs ?

This was my scope with the shroud in place:

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-12764-133877410074.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 13/06/2021 at 17:38, John said:

I used to use one with a 12 inch Meade Lightbridge dobsonian. The Astrozap shroud then was a tube of material with complete hoops which dropped over the trusses and lower scope tube from the top end with the upper tube section removed. The upper tube assembly was then replaced and the shroud fastened at the top and bottom using a drawstring to fasten it to the bottom and top tube sections.

Maybe the design is changed with other scope designs ?

This was my scope with the shroud in place:

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-12764-133877410074.jpg

On 13/06/2021 at 16:03, Tomatobro said:

I have looked at the pictures online and it does not give a clue as to how it fastens. Does  it come as a "tube" that slides down over the scope or does it wrap around and is fastened down a seam with velcro or a zip?

Do the focuser and finder have to be removed to fit if its a "tube"? Are the reinforcing bars split or closed?

the Scope is a SW400 flexitube but I am guessing that the same fastening applies to any of the smaller scope versions.

thanks in advance for any relies

Sorry I misread the post and gave a wrong answer. Please refer to John's perfect description above.

• Thanks 1

Ok thanks, so if I have it correct, the shroud is a tube of material with no join down the side which can be opened or closed up? I guess that makes sense if there are a couple of rigid hoops sewn into it.