Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BORED, OLE HORSEY COLOURED

CELESCOPE

Just pulled my copy of Collins guide to stars and planets off the shelf again. This is a book that I got as a yoof in 1985 and has been an inspiration to me. Basically the cover image is what you have there Rog, except you got more detail. Powerfully good image. Just decided not to sell all the gear after all.

Thanks for that.

Captain Chaos

Just pulled my copy of Collins guide to stars and planets off the shelf again. This is a book that I got as a yoof in 1985 and has been an inspiration to me. Basically the cover image is what you have there Rog, except you got more detail. Powerfully good image. Just decided not to sell all the gear after all.

Thanks for that.

Captain Chaos

CC got the same book.

and you're right Rog's image is as good as the one on the cover.

Rog

It could be clear tonight. Get the scope cooling down :lol:

Cheers

Ian

i kinda like James re-edit of my horse , what does everyone think , i personally like James one , but would be grateful for some feedback, then i can put it on my web site ,

Rog

:)

Yep Rog, you have great image with great detail and James has brought it out more for you.

Everyone has different perception of how something should look, so each edit can be completely different, if you don't mind I will have a play later and let you see my interpretation?

naz :lol:

Yes Capt. there are artifacts on the second image, due to it being a JPEG, and every time you do a fresh save and new compression, you get more artifacts, but the second image has a a better graduation in tone, colour and depth IMHO.

Nought wrong with your monitor CC.

naz :lol:

I was thinking it maybe my Lappy sceen as i dont have a computer monitor here hehe, maybe a good idea for the forum to have a metering of some sorts so everyones images on there screen will look the same? What ya fink?..

Most it wil be down to personal perferance though :lol:

Not a bad idea, if you had a gray scale at the bottom of the page, at least the contrast and depth could be set.

Any of you that have a photo editing software should be able to find a colour set up proceedure in the settings / preference files.

naz

It's a fantastic image Rog and in my opinion looks much better with the red added. Assuming you have used Noel's actions it is an exact match for the colour let through by the HA filter.

I prefer Rogers although it's a bit of a coin toss. Think the red has been attenuated a little too much in James's redo. Both stunning though

Archived