SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello 

I need reviews on Celestron CGX L. Is it a good mount ? My scope is Celestron cpc EdgeHD 1100. 

reliabilty ?

disconnetions ?

tracking ? 

My current mount is Celestron Alt Azm Mount and  I have all my accessories from Celestron like focus motor, Starsense, Skyportal, All Star Polar. Allignment etc, these have made my life very easy. Else I do have option to buy ioptron CEM70 but I’m not familiar with the product but most of my Celestron accessories which can be connected to CGXL will go in waste. 

Secondly how important is the GPS that I will have to buy separately because CGXL doesn’t have built in. 

Thirdly I can buy CGXL without mount. Is there any way I can fit this on to my current Alt Azm Mount? Or Pier. I can easily save 1100 USD. 

Right now my Telescope is fitted on the Alt Azm Mount and giving me lots of disconnections on WiFi. That’s the problems I am facing. If it’s no more in new CGX L I would go for it. 

im confused. 

It is not clear why you want to convert to an equatorial mount. The CPC mount is a good one unless yur requirement is to do some advanced deep sky imaging with long exposures. (The alt-azimuth mount will gove field rotation).

So far as I am aware the CPC mounts do not have wifi at all, so you can't blame the mount for wifi disconnections - it must be the accessories.

The GPS saves you the bother of re-entering the time and date, and maybe the geographial position (though the latter seems less likely with a heavy CPC1100).  I have found that the saving of effort via GPS renders a Starsense less attractive.  You don't HAVE to buy the GPS separately - you could choose to dispense with it, but I like having GPS. I have not adopted it on all my mounts because of the cost and the inconvenience of having a dongle.

• 3 months later...