Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Covid, availability and prices.

maw lod qan

Been patiently waiting for things to be certain on the tax refund I got before buying an EQ6.

Company over here had them in stock last week for about 2 days a $1595.

Now they are on back order again and the price has jumped to $1675.

I hate to think this going to be the normal from now on! First we get sick from the virus then we get skint!

Yep, price hikes driven by materails, shipping etc.
and the perfect storm of higher demand at the same time.

When I read you title my initial resposne was,
'its available worldwide and free',
then I realised you were not refering to Covid itself!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Price jumps a couple more times I'm going to figure out a mount that uses hamsters in a wheel for motion!

Please do, many will like that option,
....... but will you need to fuel it with cheese?

It is an issue affecting a wide range of industries.

Mine is the bicycle industry and since mid March 2020 availability has been varied and prices have gone up. I'm taking deposits from customers who want to ensure they get a bike, even though I am telling them that the bike they are going to get may not arrive until 2023!

If you find that someone has got something you are wanting to buy in the near future, in stock, buy it. If you snooze you loose.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately I went on a spending spree pre and early COVID so I got most of my kit before the price hikes. I am also happy I have most of what I need so will not 'need' any new equipment. Of course there is the N+1 rule of astro.

I also have a financier (wife) who is beginning to catch on how much this stuff costs....🤣

I think that the suppliers are taking advantage of the situation. It is a sellers market at the moment and they know it.

• Like 1