Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to SGL Version 2!

Personally I find the colours too 'edgy' and prefer the softer look of the old forum. I know how time-consumingit is to redo a site or forum, so I know you've done a lot here! What was the reason for the changeover?

The reason for the change over is mainly functionality.

This version has so much to offer our members compared to the old one.

I know it takes a bit of getting used to but trust me when i tell you that you will forget the old version sooner than you think...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

There were a number of reasons for the changeover - the old forums had a few issues that people had complained about, also with the size of the forum we have now - we wanted something a bit more capable.

We also wanted to integrate many of the features that users had been using at UK Astronomers to make it easier for people - rather than having to login to two websites they can do it all in SGL - I.E blogs, albums, social groups etc...

Seems to have settled down a bit with a lot of nice tweaks in the last week... looking a lot better this Sunday than it did last Sunday...and I am sure there's still more to come....

I still mis UKAstronomers though which was a superb resource :(

I have blagged myself space on a web server though with a company that hosts commercial websites so I should be able to get some of the lost functionality back...

The Size of the galleries on the new forum must have been adjusted to take into account the dire weather we are no getting in the UK...

Oh and I have found a spell checker that actually works and which doesn't delete your "epic" before it gets posted...

Billy...

I personally love this new software. It's like Aladdins Cave full of gems.

Every door you open reveals more doors, so I only hope I can complete the journey. It was a little daunting at first, and a case of press the button and see what happens, but that is precisely what you have to do. I don't think anything can be broken, at least I hope not. I'm sure we will all grope our way to a full understanding of this new playground we have.:(

Ron.

Archived