SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

In Stock!

1 hour ago, globular said:

Any ES92/17 to fulfil my order from Dec last year?

I'm a patient chap.  It'll come when it comes.  But this thread is raising my hopes a little. 🤞

Unfortunately we don't have good news for you. Unlike most other products we must source Explore Scientific products through a distributor and we 'still' don't know when the distributor will have stock. We will chase them again for you Monday. 

We know how frustrating delays are so will understand if you choose to cancel, otherwise we will dispatch as soon as we are able. 

Thank-you for your patience, 

Steve 

8 minutes ago, FLO said:

Unfortunately we don't have good news for you. Unlike most other products we must source Explore Scientific products through a distributor and we 'still' don't know when the distributor will have stock. We will chase them again for you Monday. 

We know how frustrating delays are so will understand if you choose to cancel, otherwise we will dispatch as soon as we are able. 

Steve 

Thanks for the update Steve. 
I'll keep waiting... I know you'll get me one as soon as you can. 
A chase with your distributor on Monday would be appreciated. :thumbright:

4 hours ago, FLO said:

With stock still difficult to source it feels good to be able to share these photos taken only yesterday at our warehouse 🙂 

The stock (mostly Sky-Watcher, Celestron and iOptron) shown in these photos is only a part of what was delivered over the last 5-10x days! 

This sudden influx is due to several delayed container ships all arriving together but unfortunately, ongoing, astronomy telescopes, mounts and accessories will continue to be in short supply.

Container ships will still dock every month but several popular models are unavailable (component/materials shortages) and those remaining are available only in reduced quantities. Entire shipments routinely sell out before they dock! We predict this remarkable situation will continue throughout 2021 into 2022. 

Please be assured we are doing everything we can to source and supply stock. 

warehouse-3.jpg.5e5ed8a0d368464ad9b6b480639aaecf.jpg warehouse-4.jpg.aa930b202b7cf94843293889d3b2935d.jpg

warehouse-2.jpg.9d4dcdf3d851d26e6e103d1d93a25d02.jpg

warehouse-1.jpg.e9be67e22a55735e561628449f9906dc.jpg

I wouldn't have believed that so many Clouds could be stored in such a small space!😂..

Great to see how popular our hobby is becoming👍

Dave

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, FLO said:

So much stock arriving over a relatively short period has been a challenge and I confess in some instances it has caused us to miss our usual 1-2x working day dispatch time for in stock items. This will soon pass. I anticipate we will be back up to speed within a week. 

We offer a sincere apology to anyone affected and a huge thank-you for your continued patience and understanding during these extraordinary times 🤗

Steve 

I wondered why my 2” Lunt Wedge was taking longer than normal to get dispatched. Now I know why! Quite a mountain to wade through there! ;) 

2 hours ago, FLO said:

Steve 

I think I can speak for all of your historical customers that we are very impressed with the company‘s service record and are appreciative of the efforts you have gone to to keep us updated in the difficult times.

so, where is my stellalyra 8” RC image.png.ceec92c86ba06c867624e4b447280011.pngimage.png.74ffc88d06027c0285e95956b32a4d70.png

sorry, couldn’t resist 

seriously I’m in no hurry as I have plenty of maintenance to do on existing kit

28 minutes ago, iapa said:

I think I can speak for all of your historical customers that we are very impressed with the company‘s service record and are appreciative of the efforts you have gone to to keep us updated in the difficult times.

so, where is my stellalyra 8” RC image.png.ceec92c86ba06c867624e4b447280011.pngimage.png.74ffc88d06027c0285e95956b32a4d70.png

sorry, couldn’t resist 

seriously I’m in no hurry as I have plenty of maintenance to do on existing kit

Currently halfway between Malaysia and Sri Lanka heading towards the Suez Canal 🙂

5 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

When I die, bury me amongst these goodies

I'd be, mmm I'd like that one, that one, oohh that one over there, oh I've got to have this one, mm room for one more. Like a kid in a sweetshop, drools. 

3 hours ago, iapa said:

Here here, couldn't agree more, like I've said before Steve and especially Ann have gone above and beyond the call, this is the reason they are my number 1 astro retailer 👏👏

15 hours ago, FLO said:

Reminds me of when I was a boy. My friends and I would sneak onto a local farm and build a 'fort' using rectangular hay bales. Halcyon days! 

These days hay bales are cylindrical. Not as much fun. 

Build a turret and cap off with a Pulsar observatory?

Ctikey!  Looks like Santa's Grotto just before he has to Clock On .
Lots of Mouth Watering Goodies there Flo. Get them Sold
  Mucho Pronto and make room for the next batch. 😀😀.

Edited by barkis

19 hours ago, Grant said:

Currently halfway between Malaysia and Sri Lanka heading towards the Suez Canal 🙂

And I was thinking it was on the ship that blocked the Suez last month.

As I say, no rush - only have civilian darkness here and 100% cloud at night.

Many years ago I worked for an IT importer, providing support. When things kind of took off whole containers of kit would arrive and we would all muck in to get the boxes out, I think the driver charged extra if we didn't unload within a certain time frame. So I understand the piles and apparent lack of order. However, as you say this is all soon to be dispatched, and you'll be able to play towers of Hanoi to restore order again.

I understand its mostly iOptron, Sky watcher and Celestron, so sorry to be a bit of a pest - but any tiny little William optics flatteners for the ZS61 (not reducer-flatteners) sitting amongst them big boxes? 😇😇

On 05/06/2021 at 16:12, Mr Spock said:

I notice the Moonlite stuff has gone to 'unavailable'. What does that mean?

Moonlite say they are unable to source the raw material and components necessary to produce manual dual-speed units so have decided to phase out all their manual focuser options. They will offer only automated/motorised focusers ongoing. They say they should have enough to fulfil our existing stock orders but none will be available thereafter. 

As a visual astronomer who likes a good silky-smooth Crayford focuser, I shall miss them. 

Steve 

• Sad 3

21 hours ago, Grant93 said:

I understand its mostly iOptron, Sky watcher and Celestron, so sorry to be a bit of a pest - but any tiny little William optics flatteners for the ZS61 (not reducer-flatteners) sitting amongst them big boxes? 😇😇

We are expecting another WO delivery this week but cannot be certain. 

HTH

• Thanks 1

In these difficult times it is good to hear of a small business doing well. Congratulations.

Hopefully the hospitality sector will pick up soon and we can fully (and safely) reopen later this month.

On 04/06/2021 at 19:16, FLO said:

We will chase them again for you Monday.

Any news?
It seems rather odd that these are so hard to get in UK/EU and yet are not at all scarce in the USA. May be the local distributor isn't trying very hard? Just as frustrating for you as it is for me I'm sure.

4 hours ago, FLO said:

Moonlite say they are unable to source the raw material and components necessary to produce manual dual-speed units so have decided to phase out all their manual focuser options. They will offer only automated/motorised focusers ongoing. They say they should have enough to fulfil our existing stock orders but none will be available thereafter. 

As a visual astronomer who likes a good silky-smooth Crayford focuser, I shall miss them. 

Sigh. That's sad news. I wish I'd taken the plunge when I had the chance instead of worrying about how much they cost.