Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Startools??

GrampyG

I'm  a bit embarrassed posting this but I can't get anywhere with Startools.

From DSS it won't open the file (autosave.tif); I need to resave the file in PS (uncompressed). No problem with Sequator. Follow the tutorial, etc, but i still finish up with a grainy psychedelic image when starting with both DSS and Sequator. I have no problem with PS processing.

I must be missing something. Any thoughts that are printable? 😳

Thanks you

G

I saw somewhere a little while ago a very apt definition of tiff files: tiff = Thousands of Incompatible File Formats

As mentioned above, save as fits file, 32 bit. If you haven't done so already, check out the prerequisite tutorials, particularly the getting started with a good dataset and recommended DSS settings: https://www.startools.org/links--tutorials

Feel free to post up your stacked data if you want as well, there will likely be several people who will process it and show you what's possible. Or better yet, contact Ivo (the developer) directly, he's always happy to help. His name on this forum is jager945.

• Haha 1

also you've got the unofficial manual in German, English and Spanish (this last one, translated by myself 😛

it is a very complete, well structured manual, very helpful. 

you can download it from "download" section, or the Eng version straight from here

https://www.startools.org/downloads/unofficial-english-manual-

^^ 

Carles.