SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I've recently obtained a second hand TQ5 equatorial mount and tripod, motorised in both RA & Dec, but unfortunately without the hand controller. Both motors have individual RJ12 (?) type power connections.

I tried connecting a Celestron dual axis G4 controller (Celestron CG4 mount looks almost identical!), which is working fine on the Celestron mount, and I can hear the digital pulses clicking the TQ5 motors, but no movemement!

Upon opening the units for closer inspection, the TQ5 motors are simply oscillating tiny movements back and forth and not rotating.

Can anyone suggest a hand control unit that may operate a dual axis motorised TQ5 correctly?

Many thanks in advance.

20210531_115337.jpg

20210531_115438.jpg

20210531_115456.jpg

20210531_115622.jpg

"I tried connecting a Celestron dual axis G4 controller (Celestron CG4 mount looks almost identical!),"

The TQ5 looks like an EQ5/CG5 mount, not the EQ3/CG4. The Skywatcher EQ5 dual axis or the SW EQ5 enhanced handset or the Celestron CG5 handset might work, with no guarantee. Failing that, the SW dual axis motor drive kit should also fit..