Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Brian Cox series starts tonight

Chris

Just now, Chris said:

Someone posted about this a couple of weeks back, so this is just a reminder that a new 4 part series starts tonight at 9pm on BBC 2. It feels like a while since we've had anything spacey on eh BBC ? 

First Episode is entitled "Space, how far can we go"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wtdj

It was me Chris, how can you forget me so easily 😢😂😉 only joking thanks for the reminder though plenty will of missed this gem else, clear skies and good luck for the 7th 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AstroNebulee said:

It was me Chris, how can you forget me so easily 😢😂😉 only joking thanks for the reminder though plenty will of missed this gem else, clear skies and good luck for the 7th 👍

I couldn't quite remember how you spelled you user name so just went with someone 😂

• Haha 1

I watched it and enjoyed it a lot. We were warned that there would be recycled footage, but in my opinion this is to be expected due to the travel restrictions that production companies have had to deal with.

It was really great to sit back and watch a science program, how rare that statement has become.

Marv

• Like 2

As above. I expected a re-hash of old footage interspersed with thoughtful expressions, lingering looks and existential whimsy. That's what we got, but Cox is always worth a watch. I do wonder if he keeps an oil painting of himself hidden in the loft? 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just posted about this on another thread, oops – but to recap (aptly enough):

I thought it was good – a snappy flip back through some of the best bits of his previous programmes, many of which I hadn't seen, updated to reflect the latest scientific understanding of what he was talking about back then. I find him much less annoying than I did 10 years ago, too, so that bit at least has changed ;)  

• Like 1