Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sarry Night Pro 6 - Keeps loosing it's settings.

Hi all,

I use Satrry night pro 6 as my star chart program. One thins that annoys me is that when i configure it the way i want it and then save the config the way i want it, it never seems to work as the next time i start the application all my settings are lost unless i manually load my config file.

So does anyone know of there is a way to automatically get starry night pro to load your config at startup.

Rich.

Hi there

I had the same problem, very annoying.

Create a shortcut on your desktop to your saved settings file, it should have a file extension of .snf and be located in your starrynight folder. Then just double clik the shortcut

Hope that helps :(

Hi there

Create a shortcut on your desktop to your saved settings file, it should have a file extension of .snf and be located in your starrynight folder. Then just double clik the shortcut

That's the way I do it too:happy11:

You still have to open in the usual way before opening the saved .snf file. Well that's what I've found anyway.

If you "tell" your computer to use Starry Night to open .snf files you can just double click on the file and Starry Night will start up and use that pref file.

Hi there

did exactly the same thing.

i only miss detail on NGC objects and oue milky way.

i would like to see the ''gas'' and stuff.

Archived