SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tele-Vue binoviewer….oh! Hell….help!

Chaz2b

Having bought the binoviewer used and knowing it had a fungus problem, I took the binoviewer apart.

” you did WHAT!?”

um! Techically, it’s called…broken!

The TV binoviewer has two prism parts, but is three prisms as two are connected in a metal frame. This prevents getting at the surface that has the fungus, minute as it may be.

How does one therefore, remove this fungus when you can’t physically touch it? I considered soaking it in a mild detergent and then using compressed air to try and blow it out, or, handing it over to the Klingons.

Any ideas? Other than to send it all to Televue.

chaz

Over on the other forum which shan't be named, there's always a recommendation to give TV a call, and people often seem to have the privilege of chatting to Al Nagler himself.  Could even be worth an email - they might be able to give valuable advice.

I once looked through a TV binovue at a solar party - exquisite bit of kit ;)

Yes, it’s a brilliant piece of kit, I sold my first pair! Why-Oh! Why?

The double prism is well welded in this metal cage so I can’t undo it, but there is a minuscule space between them that moisture can get into, but not enough for any physical means.

chaz