SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gassendi Or Eurovision?

cloudsweeper

No contest.

Went out at the start of it, waxing gibbous Moon E of S in clear, light sky, 10" Bresser in action.

Gassendi on terminator.  Not a huge amount of detail at first, but by 8.35 and using x212 (TV Radian), even in that light, I discerned a tiny pit in the eastern floor, with a triangular rille pattern around it, and more running off to the south.  Wonderful!  Up to x254, the view was still stable.

Great 'scope, great target.  

Doug.

• Like 5

Lunar for me 100% :icon_biggrin:

Gassendi is really well placed tonight. Schiller as well.

I think the only good thing I've ever seen on Eurovision was when Lordi won the thing :grin:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John said:

Lunar for me 100% :icon_biggrin:

Gassendi is really well placed tonight. Schiller as well.

I think the only good thing I've ever seen on Eurovision was when Lordi won the thing :grin:

In now with a glass of plonk to help me through the last of the songs.  😉

Doug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well the clouds cleared revealing a glassy sky with fantastic seeing, resulting in a very chilly but enjoyable hour of lunar observation. It's a shame I'm here in May and the sun is barely below the horizon. The estimated sky quality of 20.53 and Bortle 4 is astronomical heaven compared to home. 🙄

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 2

Wonderful couple of hours completed here in South Devon. Crystal clear at times and steady views in a Tak 100 DZ with an LE 5mm which held very well when barlowed. Elon Musk's trail of about 30 satellites added a magical touch, but I am visual only so they aren't a concern to me, selfishly speaking.

Highlights tonight? Gassendi and Plato with some great views along the terminator. Fantastic after all the cloud and rain of recent weeks.

Cheers

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Euro what now?

I'm pleased someone has good seeing. It the proverbial boiling kettle here.

The sky was fantastic when the clouds cleared. Excellent transparency and little scintillation in my current Scots skies. After a warm up I'd stayed awake hoping for some binocular observing around 1am as the moon descends but... clouds. 🙄

• Like 1