Organized, don't we all like that?

Victor Boesen

I've finally gotten around fitting my Tecnosky 102mm refractor and my eyepieces in my Peli 1605 air case. I had to wait for a 2" dustcap since the scope wouldn't actually fit inside the case with the 2" to 1.25" adapter in placešŸ˜…Ā Everything fit perfectly and I have room for a couple 2" filter cases, but for now I'llĀ  be carrying a 2" OIII and a variable polarizing filter (split into the two filters to fit in the 2" box).

Ingen tilgƦngelig beskrivelse.

This made some more room in one of my older (and cheaper) flight cases which I will probably dedicate to my Evostar 72ED, my new Quark chromosphere, UV/IR cut filter and some other solar stuff (maybe a herschell wedge and binoviewer at some point too who knows). I really appreciate keeping things tidy in cases like these and it just makes everything easier to use and more enjoyable instead of bringing 10 different cardboard boxes in different sizes and weight.

And also, now I have a 4" apo ready to go in a 73X43X32cm case, what's not to like?
(For anyone curious about the eyepieces, they areĀ all Explorer scientific 82 degrees, 24, 14, 8.8, 6.7 and 4.7mm eyepieces)

How is your equipment packed up and ready to go?

Victor

• Like 8

Thatā€™s a lovely little packageĀ Victor! Very portable. Looks like you have some room for additional accessories that you WILL get. šŸ˜Ā I have anĀ aluminium case for my eyepieces/filters etc, but currently no case for the 102ED-R, but Iā€™mĀ thinking about one of those lovely Oklop bags. TBH the only transporting I do isĀ from the garage to the garden - all of 15 feet, so hard to justify really!Ā 

Edited by RobertI
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Thatā€™s a lovely little packageĀ Victor! Very portable. Looks like you have some room for additional accessories that you WILL get. šŸ˜Ā I have anĀ aluminium case for my eyepieces/filters etc, but currently no case for the 102ED-R, but Iā€™mĀ thinking about one of those lovely Oklop bags. TBH the only transporting I do isĀ from the garage to the garden - all of 15 feet, so hard to justify really!Ā 

Thanks Rob, living in an apartment in the capital of Denmark I've always had the need to carry/transport my equipment somewhere when observing so flight cases have been my saviour:thumbright:Ā I think your 102ED will fit nicely in one of the Oklop bags!

1 minute ago, Stephenstargazer said:

Victor that looks like foam cut and not 'plucked'

I'm afraid it is actually plucked:lol:Ā It requires some patience and may not always turn out as good but I'm pretty happy with the outcome of this one. Your tak looks good in the top right case! No offence to my Tecnosky but I'm not lying when I say I wouldn't mind replacing it with a 4" tak:wink2:

Just now, Stephenstargazer said:

Beware that Takaholics can find it hard to kick the habit, as you will see in other posts where multiple ownership is common!šŸ˜€

I'm perfectly aware of this, hence why I keep myself far away from threads withĀ @JeremyS's takitisšŸ˜…

• Haha 3

And another one... A grab-and-go case for light weight observing with my Evostar 72ED. Required some planning to fit everything in the case, although I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Ingen tilgƦngelig beskrivelse.

The entire case with everything inside wieghs just about 8.4kg so perfectly fine for airline carry-on luggage. Having a carry-on setup like this one has been a wish of mine since the summer of 2019 when I visited Mallorca equipped with my 15X70 binoculars. This will hopefully add more versatility to a travel setup over the binoculars:thumbright:Ā For anyone wondering, the slim white case in the middle is a 2" filter case that'll either store a 2" OIII filter or a 1.25" OIII and UHC filter.

• Like 2