Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sequence Generator Pro - help!

Help! This is driving me crazy. I have set up Sequence generator Pro with a Primalucelabs Eagle 4. I have an HEQ5 mount and I can’t get SGP to connect with the mount. I have installed EQMOD HEQ5/6 but that is asking me for a port number. In the Eagle 4, ports tell me the ‘serial port’ is COM34 but in ‘driver set up’ the ports only go up to 16. I am stuck at this point.

Also, how does the Eagle 4 communicate with the mount? Should there be a cable from Eagle 4 to the mount? Or handset?

I don't have an Eagle 4 but it seems it is based on Windows 10. If COM34 is the first 'free' port found you have many COM ports that were previously allocated to various devices, which have not been properly released when the device was removed or powered off.

To clear the 'blocked' ports go to Windows 10 Device Manager, (click the Start Menu and type 'Device Manager' to find it). In Device Manager click on the arrow next to 'Ports (COM & LPT)' and currently allocated ports will be listed with their COM port numbers. On the top Menu select 'View/Show Hidden Devices' and a lot of greyed out port allocations should appear. These are the unreleased ports which aren't available. Right click on each of the greyed out entries and select 'Uninstall device'. It may ask whether you want to remove the device drivers as well, and it's best to select 'No' to that question. All the greyed out devices should eventually be removed and the next time you plug something in which requires a COM port a lower number COM Port should be allocated to it. As you say the COM port selection for EQMod only goes up to 16. It's best not to use the Auto Scan to find the port used in EQMod as it's not reliable. Just enter the Port number allocated to the EQDirect cable in Device Manager when you plug the USB end into the Eagle 4.

The FTDI chipset based EQDirect cables remember what port was used the previous time, and try to get the same port number again. If you get allocated too high a port number again, right click on its entry in Device Manager and select 'Properties'. In 'Port Settings' click on 'Advanced'. Under 'COM Port Number' select a low port number from those displayed and hit OK.

As you've installed EQMOD HEQ5/6, you would use the EQDirect cable to connect between the 'Hand Controller' socket on the mount to one of the USB sockets on the Eagle 4. The handset itself is not required.

Alan