SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Any Vesta 675 SC1 modders out there?

ianmwatson

I have completed my vesta sc1 mod, complete with a replacement mono ccd. It all works great, including the raw mod, so should be a sensitive guide cam. It was fairly cheap, £18 for the camera off ebay, £35 for the ccd from bernard @ modern astronomy and about £2 for the nand chip, holder and resistors.

I have a snag though, it works well with W98 SE & k3ccd but drops quite a few LE shots with XP & k3ccd. I am using the XP driver for the vesta. Curiously when I set logic with port commander it works in XP, so I am assuming it's a software glitch. Anybody shared this problem? Maybe found a solution?

I've tried QCUIAG, some seem to have a similar problem.

I'm not using a vesta, but I've recently (last couple of days) been playing with an SC1 modded SPC900.

I too suffer a lot of dropped frames on XP using K3CCD. I'd assumed it was par for the course, or just my settings...

Probably no help to you, but I too will be interested to hear and suggestions as to possible causes for dropped frames...

Wayne

Ok Wayne, that's interesting. Is it a parallel, serial or USB controlled SC1? (in addition to the pre-existing USB cable).

It is the parallel version I have made. Have you tried manually setting D0 to 0 with port commander? The screen should go black.

I have heard that setting your frame rate to 5fps before hitting LE works for some, have you tried that? It didn't work for me, might for you.

• 8 months later...

Just to clarify one thing, when you say "dropped frames" do you mean that the streaming long exposure video has intermittant frames that are of normal exposure?

This is the problem I am having as I want to use one of my webcams as a guidecam.

I have long understood that since Win98, most software that uses the printer port and requires exact timing needs a special port driver configured in the hardware device manager as I use CNC software on some of my workshop machines.

I have recently discovered that AstroVideo has a special driver for the printer port but I am having issues getting the driver to load correctly. I have emailed COAA for help in resolving the issue and I'm waiting a reply.

I am hoping that once I have installed the driver, AstroVideo will go someway in resolving the LX exposure timing issue.

Archived