Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Maxbright MKII BV’s - unused accessories

8 hours ago, omo said:

The ring isused as a part  for the quick change adaptor, and the piece of metal is a pin spanner - fits the holes in the ring

Thank you. I’m just using a T2 nosepiece so far. Items not required at this time. 

John 

Worth looking at attaching the binoviewer directly into a T2 prism as it saves a lot of light path. Low power Barlow/Glass path can then give wider views which is cheaper than multiple eyepieces. Depending on scope you may need no focal extender.

I have adopted this with my Denk and like the more compact set up all round. Your nose piece can go to the front of the prism!

11 hours ago, Stephenstargazer said:

Worth looking at attaching the binoviewer directly into a T2 prism as it saves a lot of light path. Low power Barlow/Glass path can then give wider views which is cheaper than multiple eyepieces. Depending on scope you may need no focal extender.

I have adopted this with my Denk and like the more compact set up all round. Your nose piece can go to the front of the prism!

Hello Stephen. I have a couple of GPC’s in use atm. Working nicely but - 

Is this what you are suggesting in your post ??  It would give me further options I guess and hopefully lower power views as the GPC could be left to one side. 
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/baader-t-2-prism-star-diagonal-32mm.html

Thx. John 

hello John, yes that is the one. There are more expensive Baader Zeiss prisms too, but given the amount of glass in the bino already I dont think that is worthwhile. The basic one is physically the same casting and gives a nice solid connection. The short length in vertical and horizontal helps with balance, which is useful on my (lighter) refractor. On the AZ100 I can still change between a single  eyepiece and binos by using the vertical locking clamp whilst diagonals are changed (hint: do it in the down vertical position)

For planetary you could also put a GPC in front of the prism instead (giving you 4 magnification choices). Baader  do a 2" T2 nosepiece which may feel more secure into your focusers.

On my Tak FC100 with a Q extender at f/12 the 2" nose goes straight into the extender and I get focus at all 3 positions of the Denk 'powerswitch' without their 'OCS '. Using a conventional 2" diagonal mirror the extra optical length was too much. If I had not been able to make up T2 adapters for the Denk I would have bought the new Maxbright. ("Thinks" really must try this without the Q in place at f/7.4 with 32mm eyepieces = 3 deg fov 😁 )

1 hour ago, Stephenstargazer said:

hello John, yes that is the one. There are more expensive Baader Zeiss prisms too, but given the amount of glass in the bino already I dont think that is worthwhile. The basic one is physically the same casting and gives a nice solid connection. The short length in vertical and horizontal helps with balance, which is useful on my (lighter) refractor. On the AZ100 I can still change between a single  eyepiece and binos by using the vertical locking clamp whilst diagonals are changed (hint: do it in the down vertical position)

For planetary you could also put a GPC in front of the prism instead (giving you 4 magnification choices). Baader  do a 2" T2 nosepiece which may feel more secure into your focusers.

On my Tak FC100 with a Q extender at f/12 the 2" nose goes straight into the extender and I get focus at all 3 positions of the Denk 'powerswitch' without their 'OCS '. Using a conventional 2" diagonal mirror the extra optical length was too much. If I had not been able to make up T2 adapters for the Denk I would have bought the new Maxbright. ("Thinks" really must try this without the Q in place at f/7.4 with 32mm eyepieces = 3 deg fov 😁 )

Thank you for this. Will be looking into this. Can’t beat having “options” 

👍👍