Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Head's up New active region with two spots 10th May

2 hours ago, paulastro said:

It's surprising the more S AR hasn't got a number yet (at least on soaceweather .com), it had three umbral regions when I made my observation before lunch time.

Hi Paul, the new active region has been designated AR2823.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuburbanMak said:

& here they are, not making any claims for the image other than it is my first (old Prinz 60MM, Baader White LIght filter, 25mm SW Plossl, iPhone8) IMG_9715.thumb.jpg.7304a8a378cb638c7e685caab415fbcb.jpg

Congratulations on your first solar image. Well done, especially with a mobile camera. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Congratulations on your first solar image. Well done, especially with a mobile camera. 

Thank you!  

Visual view was lovely plenty of detail visible on the groups and lovely to prove my idea of having an old 60mm with the redundant SW supplied plossls from my main scope can be put to real use. This will sit on permanent station and I can make a quick record whenever I'm in and the sun is out in the afternoon!   

QQ, Do you think its worth investing in the continuum filter? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hi Paul, the new active region has been designated AR2823.

Thanks Nigella 👍.  The person who's job it is to allocate the numbers obviously had a day off 😄.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuburbanMak said:

Thank you!  

Visual view was lovely plenty of detail visible on the groups and lovely to prove my idea of having an old 60mm with the redundant SW supplied plossls from my main scope can be put to real use. This will sit on permanent station and I can make a quick record whenever I'm in and the sun is out in the afternoon!   

QQ, Do you think its worth investing in the continuum filter? 

I've not used one personally but from what others say help's with seeing granulation. I use the baader K-line filter. Slightly more expensive but enhances falcuie and granulation. The top two screenshots use the baader K-line filter. But it's only imaging only, not good for visual.

Edited by Nigella Bryant
More comment added.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hi all, seems more activity. New active region with two spots in the South Eastern quadrant. Screenshots in WL and Cak for the mo

Thanks for the heads up Nigella. I’ll try and grab a look with my Herschel Wedge and BVs tomorrow. Superb captures by the way, that CaK is quite special. 

• Thanks 1