Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Howdy from NC

Virtus

Hey everyone, new member here from NC. I've always been interested in space but never had a scope growing up. I got into the hobby a few months ago and quickly fell in love and went through a phase I'm calling Gear Acquisition Syndrome ha. I'm pretty happy where I'm at now and focused on observing as much as possible. 

I've spent quite a bit of time on the other forum and glad to be here now as well. 

• Like 3

Hi and welcome to SGL! 

13 minutes ago, Virtus said:

a phase I'm calling Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Be careful, this phase, if becomes chronic, can easily exhaust your bank account 😩

4 minutes ago, barbulo said:

Hi and welcome to SGL! 

Be careful, this phase, if becomes chronic, can easily exhaust your bank account 😩

Haha. I believe it! 

I'm currently trying to fight off the urge to get into solar....

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2021 at 12:26, Virtus said:

...  quickly fell in love and went through a phase I'm calling Gear Acquisition Syndrome h... observing as much as possible. 

Well, that's the way it's done. We look forward to your reports. In addition to this board, what kind of reading do you do? In your gear acquisition phase, did you buy any books?

3 hours ago, mikemarotta said:

Well, that's the way it's done. We look forward to your reports. In addition to this board, what kind of reading do you do? In your gear acquisition phase, did you buy any books?

I did, I picked up Turn Left at Orion and NightWatch. 

• Like 1