Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Really ? No Clouds ?

Just had a look at my weather app .. after a day of rain it’s predicting a clear sky tonight !!!! 
Not sure I believe it , but , I am hoping especially with the temperature  at + 13 ! What’s it like where you are ?  

8C52D52F-203F-434E-9D8D-431209C45F5E.png

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Just had a look at my weather app .. after a day of rain it’s predicting a clear sky tonight !!!! 
Not sure I believe it , but , I am hoping especially with the temperature  at + 13 ! What’s it like where you are ?  

Raining of course.

100% cloud here, dense stuff at that. Agrees with Clearoutside. IF that's accurate, I'm looking at Monday and a bit of Tuesday, which just happens to coincide with new moon...so I'll take that with a bucket of salt then!

• Like 1

19ºC, good visibility with a bit of light fluff kicking around, a light breeze coming down the valley from the north west and the frogs are singing.

Not worth getting anything out, though as it's the sort of conditions that will bring the clouds in short order.

• Like 1

It was cloudy here, and doesn't look good for the next few nights.  I'm sure it will clear JUST in time for the moon to be and spoil it again, it certainly is frustrating.

It was clear on Friday night, but I'd been busy all day and I felt like i could sleep standing up.  I didn't think that was the best state to start stumbling around outside in the dark.  :)

My apps are all over the place, suggesting clear when its been cloudy the whole day.

Unfortunately I missed the good week or so we had a couple of weeks back as I am currently restricted to Fri / Sat nights :) 

Hoping for something soon so I can get the dust sheets off the scope been a good month or so!

1 hour ago, wibblefish said:

My apps are all over the place, suggesting clear when its been cloudy the whole day.

I totally agree ... my weather app said clear tonight but since then its changed to cloudy again ... plus its blowing a gale zzzz

1 hour ago, oscar_camilleri said:

I had my mount in for servicing for 4 weeks ( remember when we had those 3 nice weeks of absolutely clear weather). got it back around a couple of weeks ago and it has been miserable ever since. 

Its such a frustrating hobby ... not only do we have to contend with our own errors and that of the equipment but also the clouds ... if one doesn't get you , the other one will :(

Just now, johninderby said:

Reminded of the opening lyrics from Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landside,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,

71C78132-5B9A-46EC-A444-6859884406FA.png

better not count your chickens just yet , John ,,, there is a mean wind blowing these clouds your way i'm sorry to say .

4 hours ago, johninderby said:

The BBC seems to have missed the thunderstorms passing through at the moment. Just a wee bit damp out there. 🙄

7ADA58A3-3DEE-4DE2-A4CC-C2415D324B8D.jpeg

We had some of that this afternoon, along with some hailstones. Followed by a couple of hours of sunshine and the thunder and hail again.