SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IKI Observatory - Next Steps - Setup Available!

Grant

We've had the IKI Observatory for around 18 months now and have been really pleased with the experience with gained, the raw data we've published and the interest this has generated. The plan was always to swap out the equipment on a regular basis so we could test new kit and try different things.

Our intention is to expand the current setup, probably with a multi-instrument setup so we can do some planetary / lunar work as well as some wider field work. This means we are either looking to add a second setup or potentially have a swap around so we can have multiple instruments on one mount - we also have some new goodies on their way that we would like to send out to Spain to get them collecting some photons.

More details on all of these will be announced over the coming months.

Before we start swapping anything around, is there anybody out there who might be interested in taking over our current setup as a going concern? There is a few options here, an outright purchase and take over of the slot with Pixel Skies and we will then setup a new rig in a new slot or, a short/medium term rental arrangement with us to cover usage of the kit as well as the remote observatory space rental.

The great thing here is everything is up and running ready to go so if this is something that you've been considering, this might be an easy way to get up and running.

If this is of interest, please drop me a PM or email: info@ikarusimaging.com and we can talk through the possibilities.

Cheers,

Grant

• Like 3

Hi Grant. I was passed this link by Dave at Pixel Skies. I would be very interested in purchasing a complete set up, what have you got please?  I used to have a 12.5" Planewave CDK at Nerpio and I am very interested in getting back into it.

Thanks

Julian

11 hours ago, JulesH said:

Hi Grant. I was passed this link by Dave at Pixel Skies. I would be very interested in purchasing a complete set up, what have you got please?  I used to have a 12.5" Planewave CDK at Nerpio and I am very interested in getting back into it.

Thanks

Julian

Hi Julian,

You can find info about the current setup here:

And you can see all the data releases so far here: http://ikiobservatory.com/data

We are intending to at minimum swap out the telescope and potentially the mount so it might make more sense for us to start with a new slot and built the new rig hence why we wanted to see if anybody is interested in taking over the existing setup.

If it's of interest, please drop me an email: info@ikarusimaging.com.

• 4 months later...

Our current setup is still available to purchase and ready to takeover and start imaging immediately 🙂 Please let me know if you are interested.

We have now committed to our expanded setup over in Spain and will share more news of our future plans very soon - it's exciting!

• Like 1