Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Waiting for New Mount...but Good News!

I am told by the vendor that due to COVID, shipments are delayed.  Some alternate methods have been employed to help manage the volume.  Fortunately, my package has been visually confirmed to be in transit to its destination.  It has been over 6 weeks now, but they still can't estimate an expected date of arrival.

NewTelescopeMount.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

On 05/05/2021 at 20:50, JonCarleton said:

I am told by the vendor that due to COVID, shipments are delayed.  Some alternate methods have been employed to help manage the volume.  Fortunately, my package has been visually confirmed to be in transit to its destination.  It has been over 6 weeks now, but they still can't estimate an expected date of arrival.

NewTelescopeMount.jpg

Ah that explains the delay in my delivery as well. I think that's my HEQ5 pro just inside the door of the tent.

Edited by Chefgage
  • Like 1

Some people give their mounts pet-names, and probably cuddle them at night......

'd love to get you on a slow boat (from) China
All to myself, all alone
Get you and keep you in my arms evermore

Edited by michael8554
  • Haha 1

The really odd thing is that somehow the atmosphere knows I placed an order.  I haven't had a clear night in a month (about the time I placed the order).  I suppose it is too much to hope for that the mount arrives (one day) and I get a series of clear nights because the clouds think I have had all this time with the equipment and have given up.  I did get the new scope...just no mount.  I'm going to put the scope box out on the back porch where the clouds can see it and perhaps believe their default frustration ploy is a success.

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2021 at 11:21, maw lod qan said:

Do you think they will ever be "in stock" again or are they destined to be a back ordered item from now on?

I really want to push the order button, but just can't jump off the cliff and do it!

I sat wondering that. But I decided it was best to just order one and then wait. I think if you wait for them to be in stock you are going to be waiting a long time as I assume lots of people have ordered them. I am currently on week 14 of my wait!

On 05/05/2021 at 19:50, JonCarleton said:

NewTelescopeMount.jpg

Is that Tom Hanks inside there ...?

• Haha 2