sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_3.thumb.jpg.30e9b298c34c80517e8b443ce153fce3.jpg

Posted (edited)

For sale is my Edge HD8 in excellent condition. Purchased new from our sponsor in April 2020. The photo shows the 'scope dressed for imaging but of course will include the finderscope, diagonal etc. Please see the FLO site for the full spec.  Also included is the Feathertouch focus controller and the Celestron reducer lens seen in the image. The 'scope sits on a Vixen style dovetail. A set of Bob's Knobs will also be included, bought but never fitted. An adapter to fit a ZWO EAF is available for anyone wishing to use that item at no extra cost..

Looking at the current ads for new kit the items total c. £2440. I am looking for £1750 or near offer. I would prefer that any prospective buyer examines the 'scope before purchase. ( N Yorks) (Without any obligation.) 

Edge.jpg

Edited by Grierson
1 hour ago, Richie092 said:

Can I have first dibs on the reducer if you split please?

Thanks Richie. I'll bear it in mind.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Grierson said:

Sub Dwarf. Done.Thank you for your caustic comment. 

There's me thinking it was a helpful suggestion ...

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Grierson said:

Sub Dwarf. Done.Thank you for your caustic comment. 

Whilst it can be difficult to judge the tone of someone's comment on forums, l don't think it was meant in a negative way. 

Not sure if I'm just being blind, but I still can't see where you're based in the ad? (Feel free to call me an idiot if I'm missing something really obvious!)

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Whilst it can be difficult to judge the tone of someone's comment on forums, l don't think it was meant in a negative way. 

Not sure if I'm just being blind, but I still can't see where you're based in the ad? (Feel free to call me an idiot if I'm missing something really obvious!)

Yes thanks, looking back I agree. So much so I’ve edited the post. BTW I’ve added North Yorkshire to my signature and the post. Thanks again.

Edited by Grierson

Good afternoon

Can you please advise if a ZWO electronic focuser would work with the feather touch focus knob?

Would you be offering the original focus knob with the sale?

Many thanks

Ossi

1 hour ago, oymd said:

Good afternoon

Can you please advise if a ZWO electronic focuser would work with the feather touch focus knob?

Would you be offering the original focus knob with the sale?

Many thanks

Ossi

Hi Ossi, I'm not quite sure of your question with regard to the 'original' focus knob. Perhaps the attached photo will answer your question. It shows the ZWO focuser currently fitted to my Edge using the ZWO adapter on the Feather Touch. To fit it requires the removal of the outer knob of the Feather Touch. This knob will be replaced if anyone buys the 'scope but does not expect to fit the ZWO EAF. (Note: Probably stating the obvious but the sale does NOT include the EAF!) 

If your second question relates to the original Celestron focus controller then yes, any purchaser is welcome to it although I would strongly advise sticking with the Feather Touch whether or not the ZWO EAF was fitted.     

EAF adapt.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grierson said:

Hi Ossi, I'm not quite sure of your question with regard to the 'original' focus knob. Perhaps the attached photo will answer your question. It shows the ZWO focuser currently fitted to my Edge using the ZWO adapter on the Feather Touch. To fit it requires the removal of the outer knob of the Feather Touch. This knob will be replaced if anyone buys the 'scope but does not expect to fit the ZWO EAF. (Note: Probably stating the obvious but the sale does NOT include the EAF!) 

If your second question relates to the original Celestron focus controller then yes, any purchaser is welcome to it although I would strongly advise sticking with the Feather Touch whether or not the ZWO EAF was fitted.     

EAF adapt.jpg

Thank you. That clarifies it.