Narrowband

Hello from Ottawa Canada ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Sarryssummernights

hello there my name is Aisyah I here to make friends with like minded people who are also stargazer and astronomers. ย I am a big fan of the constellations and the night sky, my favorite itโ€™s the Big Dipper because it is so beautiful and perfect. ย I try to replicate it in my art but have no luck. ย  Itโ€™s too perfect. ย Hope we can be friends. ย  What is your favorite constellation. ย 

• Like 1

I like Orion because it has a lot of targets within the constellation, Orion Nebula, Horsehead Nebula, M78, The Running Man Nebula, Barnard's loop,ย  Witch head nebula etc etc.ย  But then I am an Astrophotographer who probably sees things from a different perspective.ย  Cygnus is full of targets too.

Caroleย ย 

• Like 1

Welcome. I hope you have lots of fun with the hobby and the forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

This may be boring but if I have to chooseย then Orion for me, too. My father pointed it out to me when I was a boy and,ย inย season, it simply dominates the sky.ย 

Welcome!

Get a small scope and check out Orion's belt and sword regions. So much more going on than the eye alone detects.ย 

Viewing a single asterism without a scope,ย  I'd say the Pleaides is lovely.

But get a simple scope like a used 80mm refractor with an Alt Az mount, your world will change ๐Ÿ‘

Hello and welcome to the siteย ๐Ÿ‘ย Of course you like the big dipper, it's got M40 sitting on the handle just about to fall into the potย ๐Ÿ˜œ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...