Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Asellus Secundus object ID help

Just wondering if one of you chaps might be able to help me ID an object right next to Asellus Secundus please, I have included 2 screen shots, one from Skysafari and one from my PTZ cam which I use to gaze with, I cannot resolve details but am able to drag in low light dots, I spotted a feint object right where the last ' s' is written for the word Secundus, just interested really as it was right on the edge of what I am able to resolve

Screenshot_20210501-231046_SkySafari.jpg

192.168.0.66_01_20210501231051010.jpg

When you say "resolvable" it can be visible as a faint point of light in scopes from 90mm and upwards in aperture. It will not resolve as a disk though, in even the largest telescopes, amateur or professional. Stars are just too far away to be seen as anything other than a point of light.

Interesting... thank you, I apologise for being clueless at present, well tonight I did my best to resolve some sort of details from M101 pin wheel Galaxy, with everything set to the most sensitive the best I could get was a ...  smudge at best, my camera is around 3 to 4 yes old so is behind the curve a bit, I popped this short video on utube and if you squint and have faith it is there... just

Zoom on my cam is 15x optical 240 digital so I have no issues with finding items, my problems come from sensor size I think, although I'm new to paying attention to these things, a better sensor would help resolve images better, I actually wanted to see the galaxy as others have shown in relative detail

Just checked and sensor size is 1/2.8" progressive scan cmos

Edited by Darkfighter