1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Small Can Be Beautiful ... Honest !

5 hours ago, Maideneer said:

The diagonal idea worked, it worked and I'm stunned!  I got a picture on my screen of some tree leaves in focus!  Wow this is liberating lol. Tonight is the last clear night for a week so Jupiter and Saturn here I come! *fingers crossed*

P.S. - all of you people are amazing and never made me feel stupid.  This is such a quality message board and I'm proud to be here.

Amazing news, glad you got it sorted! Fingers crossed you manage to get Jupiter and Saturn 😊

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maideneer said:

P.S. - all of you people are amazing and never made me feel stupid.  This is such a quality message board and I'm proud to be here.

Nobody is made to look that way on here :) . In fact some of the most basic questions are the most pertinent , because we ALL want to ask them . So glad the diagonal suggestion worked ... conversely , i had exactly the same problem you had , last night lol  . As @AstroNebulee wrote ... get that extension tube !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I managed my first real planetary shot from this little old starter scope and just a couple months experience.  The extender made its way to my house and after a week of nonstop rain, it cleared out last night so off I went to the yard.  Finding the target is the easy bit, it's the rest that is challenging.  I didn't even align my mount or have any sort of guiding help (I won't know how to do that until I get a better scope), I just pointed at the planet and snap snap 1000 frames here and there with Sharpcap.  I took Jupiter too but it didn't come out so good, at least not yet I haven't processed it.

Having almost no clue how to do much of anything, I processed my source file in PiPP then Autostakkert which I think I sort of understand how to use now.  I didn't do any color correction and I didn't use my ADC (forgot) so there's probably a greenish tint to this.  From this processed file, what's a good option to use to color correct?  I've seen people mention Registax.

207340037_10159698393121942_8391933136218672442_n.jpg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Maideneer said:

Welp, I managed my first real planetary shot from this little old starter scope and just a couple months experience.  The extender made its way to my house and after a week of nonstop rain, it cleared out last night so off I went to the yard.  Finding the target is the easy bit, it's the rest that is challenging.  I didn't even align my mount or have any sort of guiding help (I won't know how to do that until I get a better scope), I just pointed at the planet and snap snap 1000 frames here and there with Sharpcap.  I took Jupiter too but it didn't come out so good, at least not yet I haven't processed it.

Having almost no clue how to do much of anything, I processed my source file in PiPP then Autostakkert which I think I sort of understand how to use now.  I didn't do any color correction and I didn't use my ADC (forgot) so there's probably a greenish tint to this.  From this processed file, what's a good option to use to color correct?  I've seen people mention Registax.

Great image for your first attempts, it's all a big learning curve this processing part, I use registax to sharpen up the image using the wavelet sliders and then use photoshop and change the colour balance to less green or in the levels tab move the right hand arrow I think in a bit more but cant remember, I'm probably getting a bit tecchy there but give registax a go I expect the sharpen will give a slight more definition 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Maideneer said:

Great first image! Congrats!