Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EP45 - YouTube - A History of Women in Astronomy By Mary McIntyre

Grant

Wow! what an incredible woman remembering incredible women! I think I may be Mary's new biggest fan! Such an amazing speaker who does great service to people who very much deserve to be remembered!

I'm already very proud of my wife for her long standing work with the RAS, seeing all these incredible women throughout history makes me even prouder. 

Edited by Lockie

What an emotive subject. What a difficult subject especially as we are on public domain social media.

The OP posted this April 28th. Three likes and two replies!

First off I will say that right now, things are delicate socially. When are they not? I do not know how far I can go with this (mods) but the title of this thread is a result of sexism in science historically.

I understand that back in the day men thought about women as inferior. Despite the times and restrictions placed on them they were amazing....because they they are not inferior.

I keep encountering observations from Mrs Burbage with regards to Quasars. And to think she only got time on the big scopes in America by saying she was her husbands assistant.

What a legacy.

Marvin

• Like 2