SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Crew Dragon had a scare.

maw lod qan

They said on the national news a few minutes ago the crew had to hurry back into their suits because of a piece of space junk passing at 28 miles.

Still haven't said anything about the "anomaly" Stu and I saw during the second stage burn!🤔

Is it just me. I seem to have missed all the coverage of this launch and mission. To me it appears to have not had the coverage of the first two Dragon flights.

Booster landed fine, dead centre of the drone ship again @michael8554 was used for Crew-1 (which I think is still attached to the ISS).  The dragon capsule was also a reuse item, having been used on Demo-2.  Think Crew-2 was the first human flight with reused flight elements.

The three Tesla vehicles had new licence plates, 'REDUCE', 'RECYCLE' and 'REUSE'

I'd missed the coverage though about the debris issue, thanks for that @maw lod qan.

Kev

I think you’ll find a British company is now formulating a craft for dealing with space junk, it’ll stick itself to whatever with magnets then de-orbit, if I’m not mistaken?

chaz

• Like 1

On 24/04/2021 at 23:33, Grumpy Martian said:

Is it just me. I seem to have missed all the coverage of this launch and mission. To me it appears to have not had the coverage of the first two Dragon flights.

I have the ISS live now app installed. It notifies me of any launches etc and has live video feeds of the events. I watched the launch then the next day watched the docking and arrival of the new crew. It always seems to be very good quality.

Screen shot taken from the docking

1167036934_Screenshot_20210424-095715_ISSLiveNow.thumb.jpg.916a391e9bea28320f19c99eab1b9bed.jpg