Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMOD: "Connection Error: Port not available First time guiding

I recently posted in another thread where a member was having loads of issues with his mount and PHD2... but here's the edited version

• Run the TOOLBOX  application - From windows start button > all  programs > EQMOD > EQASCOM > Toolbox
  • Click DRIVER SETUP
  • In mount options leave that set to Auto Detect 
  • Enter the correct latitude, longitude and elevation for your location
  • Ensure ASCOPM PulseGuiding is selected under the guiding section and set the RA and DEC Rate to x0.90
  • Click OK to close the config window
  • Once you are happy with the polar alignment, select a target  that is close to the elliptic and about 30 degrees up and use the NSEW buttons on EQMOD to move the mount to any star near that area.
  • Open up Stallarium and connect to the mount - ensuring that the location information is the same as EQMOD
  • Open up PHD2 and ensure logging is enabled
  • Select a target in CDC and instruct the mount to slew to target - take a single exposure to confirm its on target
  • Open up PHD2 and create a new profile.
  • Run through the wizard to enter the focal length of the finder and camera pixel size etc 
  • Use the option from the TOOLS menu to auto select the star
  • Hopefully it will calibrate well enough to do a guided run

Some of the above can be ignored... I'm sure you already have the locations set, the mount polar aligned etc.... it was just easier to cut and paste than retype

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, malc-c said:

I recently posted in another thread where a member was having loads of issues with his mount and PHD2... but here's the edited version

• Run the TOOLBOX  application - From windows start button > all  programs > EQMOD > EQASCOM > Toolbox
  • Click DRIVER SETUP
  • In mount options leave that set to Auto Detect 
  • Enter the correct latitude, longitude and elevation for your location
  • Ensure ASCOPM PulseGuiding is selected under the guiding section and set the RA and DEC Rate to x0.90
  • Click OK to close the config window
  • Once you are happy with the polar alignment, select a target  that is close to the elliptic and about 30 degrees up and use the NSEW buttons on EQMOD to move the mount to any star near that area.
  • Open up Stallarium and connect to the mount - ensuring that the location information is the same as EQMOD
  • Open up PHD2 and ensure logging is enabled
  • Select a target in CDC and instruct the mount to slew to target - take a single exposure to confirm its on target
  • Open up PHD2 and create a new profile.
  • Run through the wizard to enter the focal length of the finder and camera pixel size etc 
  • Use the option from the TOOLS menu to auto select the star
  • Hopefully it will calibrate well enough to do a guided run

Some of the above can be ignored... I'm sure you already have the locations set, the mount polar aligned etc.... it was just easier to cut and paste than retype

Thanks, It may be the elevation i'm not sure, google earth says it's 42 but the polar finder app i use on my phone could be anywhere between 60 and 80, it uses gps