SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I tried imaging M101 here in our Bortle 5 neighborhood and it was sort of tough due to the light pollution but I think I was able to pull off a bit of data. My problem now is that I was able to increase the visibility of the galaxy through stretching but in the process the background noise also increased. I also noticed that my galaxy and stars are a bit orange/reddish compared to the other M101 shots which are kinda bluish in color. Not sure if this is being caused by my astromodded camera but I tried correcting it via Photoshop and this is the best "white balanced" image that I got.

Looking for some help in this group maybe someone can have a go with my raw file and share some techniques on how to improve my post processing. The stacking was done via DSS and the processing via Photoshop. I also used Gradient Xterminator and also Astrotools.

Here's my edit and I also attached the raw file so maybe you guys can try tinkering with it also. Also open for any suggestions or comments with my initial edit. Thanks! 😁

• Light Frames: 189 x 1 min shots @ ISO1600 (yes I still don't have autoguiding)
  • Dark Frames: 198 x 1 min shots
  • Mount: Celestron OmniXLT CG-4
  • Telescope: Celestron C6N
  • Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XT Hap-Griffin Mod

M101Pinwheel04182021.thumb.png.21f45cc2e49671644082c415e4980b00.pngAutosave.tif

Autosave.tif

Edited by lalou