Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hostile takeover bid for Takahashi Seisakusho Ltd??

JeremyS

Yes I was shocked too. But there it was in the Sunday Papers. Pretty firm rumours that Los Alamos National Lab has put in a hostile bid for Takahashi. The report speculated that what they actually want to do is an IP strip, as they believe said company has discovered a new fundamental force which explains why their scopes don’t conform to the known laws of physics regarding option resolution, light grasp and magnifications (x 500 mag and more has recently been claimed by an undercover researcher in Lancashire, using an FC 100).

when the potential demise of the Takahasi parent company became known, SGL members decided to launch their own bid to save the company. This would ensure continued supply of their “super reality” light tubes to the SGL community.

However, late last night it was disclosed that the SGL bid might unravel as the members could not agree with person should be appointed to which position in the new company, Takahashi SGL Kanban Ltd. Sources close to the leading members of the bid suggested that DN-san, aka @mikeDnight, was within a lick of being appointed as chief of quality control. Garry blue boy was also in the contending as it is thought he has owned at least 3 samples of ever Tak model, plus his extensive experience of many other premium refractor brands that have passed through his hands. @F15Rules was subsequently reported to have been appointed to handle the situation 

I must admit to getting pretty worried by all this. But then I woke up.

Personally, I blame @Commanderfish for buying the last FC 100 in the western hemisphere and then reading his post just before bedtime.

Jeremy-san

⛩️🎌

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 4
  • Haha 28

The IP has been long known to the non eye skyward population.  Indeed it has a diagnosis of audiophilitus when it impacts the organs of hearing. It allow (amongst other things) different sound to be attribute to cables and weights placed on electronic boxes. 

More generally  its known as expectation bias. As it is somewhat difficult to test telescopes double blind so evidence is illusive 🤩🧐🙈

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Haha 5

This is a serious situation. Perhaps the most insidious point made in Jezza-San's original post is the plan to change the company brand name from Takahashi to Takahasi - all in the space of a couple of paragraphs! 

Mind games like this need careful handling: I don't believe that SGL Tak owners will allow their "precious" company to be just handled over to a hostile front company acting on behalf of Sauron-San. We must all lift our spirits, pick ourselves up and resolve that a suitable new MD (my vote goes to johninderby-san) will attach a handle, sorry, will attach suitable importance to thwarting these evil plans to "Tak the Mickey" out of the legions of loyal SGL Takahasi, sorry, TAKAHASHI, owners.

If you want to sign a petition against this takeover, (for handling in to No.10 in May), please go to www.handlesoffourTaks.com as soon as your schedule can handle it.

Yours,

Dave 

Interim International Handling Agent:):hiding:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, F15Rules said:

This is a serious situation. Perhaps the most insidious point made in Jezza-San's original post is the plan to change the company brand name from Takahashi to Takahasi - all in the space of a couple of paragraphs! 

Mind games like this need careful handling: I don't believe that SGL Tak owners will allow their "precious" company to be just handled over to a hostile front company acting on behalf of Sauron-San. We must all lift our spirits, pick ourselves up and resolve that a suitable new MD (my vote goes to johninderby-san) will attach a handle, sorry, will attach suitable importance to thwarting these evil plans to "Tak the Mickey" out of the legions of loyal SGL Takahasi, sorry, TAKAHASHI, owners.

If you want to sign a petition against this takeover, (for handling in to No.10 in May), please go to www.handlesoffourTaks.com as soon as your schedule can handle it.

Yours,

Dave 

Interim International Handling Agent:):hiding:

All good points F15-san. It’s important to respect trade names and trade marks. I sometimes trip up with Japanese characters when I use their Mandarin pronunciation by mistake.

But it did give me the idea that perhaps our new company should register a few other trade names to appeal to other markets. Maybe:

For those who are wavering: “Takahashi Must Buy”. Perhaps abbreviated to TMB?

For those who think the claims made by Tak users are beyond reality (yes, I mean you @andrew s  ) “AstroPsychics”

For enthusiasts of the arts and crafts movement: “William Morris Optics”

For those that just want the homegrown classic look: “StellaMiraCle Gro”

and for dudes in California: “Takahashish Man”

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

It's all to do with the repeated annealing, hammering and folding of the fluorite Andrew, until finally the lens is so unbelievably sharp that it can slice effortlessly through thick bamboo.  

Your clearly kneading confirmation @mikeDnight son.

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 1

On 18/04/2021 at 09:08, JeremyS said:

. Pretty firm rumours that Los Alamos National Lab has put in a hostile bid for Takahashi.

Jeremy I thought that Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory might be more involved rather than Los Alamos . They have a big involvement in astronomy in the Bay area - I have a few contacts.

I really feel out of not having a Takahashi especially after reading @Johnnight out seeing the SN in IC3322a.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, garryblueboy said:

I just can’t help it it’s the flourite I’m addicted to it I’ve tried Taks anonymous but I just can’t resist 

Ah, so you can’t resist licking those lovely Tak lenses either then, Garry.