sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

Stellalyra RPL Kitakaru 45mm - as new

Lovely "Really Perfect Lens" 45mm Stellalyra Kitakaru 2" with a whopping 62 degree AFOV in a beautiful metallic red finish, as new in original packaging complete with lens cloth (never opened), dust caps and original box 

I preferred this to my Panoptic 41mm as it doesn't kidney bean anywhere near as much.

I bought this brand new from FLO about 2 months ago and I've enjoyed using it in my long FL scopes, most of which are now sold/being sold to fund a very expensive Takahashi habit. Moving to short FL scopes means I don't really need this EP and it ought to go to someone who will use it.

Bought for £139, selling for £95 plus courier or collection from London SW19.

Price reduced to £89 plus courier/collection

IMG_20210417_163755.jpg

IMG_20210417_163237.jpg

IMG_20210417_163452.jpg

IMG_20210417_163503.jpg

Edited by Commanderfish

I've just tried this in a 100mm/740mm F7.4 apo in daytime and it worked great - nice wide field.  If I get the chance to use it in my 127/952 F7.5 I will report back but it should work just as well since the F ratio is the same.  I know Ive got it to focus in that scope in the past.

On 17/04/2021 at 16:51, Commanderfish said:

I preferred this to my Panoptic 41mm as it doesn't kidney bean anywhere near as much.

How did it compare to the Panoptic in terms contrast, sharpness, transmission etc? There’s quite a price difference between the two! I’ve looked at the RPL range before and wondered if they’d outperform my Aero 40mm. 

I think what you're paying for with the Pan 41 is the edge of field correction across 100pc of the field even in scopes below F5, that is really difficult to do. If you're on medium and higher F ratio scopes this isn't an issue. I've been happy with the transmission and sharpness.

• Thanks 1