SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Milky Way over Nine Standards Rigg

A set of 9 stone 'cairns' high above Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria.  On the Wainwright C2C walking route.

Surprised at the background lighting, some all the way from Darlingtion and Teeside.

Pano is 5 portrait frames, each 4 x 8s subs at f2 and iso3200.  Prep in Lightroom, stack in Sequator, composite in MS ICE, finish in Photoshop.

Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm ART, Nodal Ninja pano mount.

Cheers Paul

100 Nine Standards Rigg.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 11

6 minutes ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Very good. Do you use Lightroom to reduce vignetting and distortion from the lens?

Yes.  I've also set the indexing on my pano mount to give plenty of overlap.  I can then crop out the edges in LR.  Plus a touch of colour noise reduction and set temperature 3500.

• Like 2

@Mick J cairns have been on that site for ~800 years, possibly as a boundary marker between Swaledale and Westmorland.

The light painting images need a revisit along with the remaining data.  As @James noted it takes a while to recover from an all/late night!!

Thanks @davew hope it didn't disappoint 🤣

Cheers

Paul

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1