SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron SLT102 Error Code 16

Dougie Smart

Hi everyone,

My friend purchased a Celestron SLT102 last year, and through moderate use, an error code 16 comes up on his NexStar computer (provided with the scope) and now it does not work at all.

He called Celestron and was advised to update his firmware, but he is not confident to do this as he is worried that it may damage his computer.

He has since sent several messages to them asking if he can just send his computer directly, but they have not yet replied (this was well over 2 weeks ago).

His telescope will still be under guarantee and he has a copy of the receipt.

Please can someone advise me who the best contact in Celestron would be to resolve this issue (not technical support as they have not been very helpful), and if there is an official UK address which he can post this unit to for rectification?

Hopefully someone can help, but if you need any additional information on this topic, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Dougie 

As the scope is still inside the warranty period then contact the retailer and have it repaired under the guarantee.   

However, if the board was blown due to use outside of the normal approved method (ie some home made interface cable to connect the mount to a PC ) then they may state that the warranty is in valid.  - Synta boards seldom have damage PICs which result in these error codes or messages under normal use.  Normally is when the wrong cable or device has been connected instead of teh handset and 12v have been shoved up the serial port which then means the handset can't communicate with the board... I've fixed five Skywather DOBs as a result !!

Good luck and hope he gets the scope fixed

• Thanks 1