sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - *SOLD* TS-Optics 8x50 RACI finder with bracket - £60

This is the TSSU850WW from TS-Optics, bought for a project which never materialised, and so is now surplus to my requirements.

1301530236_1(1).thumb.jpeg.227717b0459a63bb4f13a5be58fcec0e.jpeg

In great condition.  Nice clear image and with crosshairs.

Price: £60 inc. UK mainland postage.

Payment: bank transfer or PayPal (buyer pays fees)

Edited by jadcx

Just checking, does it come with the mount? Only asking 'cos it's not in the picture. Thanks...

Nevermind, I actually read the title of the Ad this time! :)

Edited by Jasonb
47 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Just checking, does it come with the mount? Only asking 'cos it's not in the picture. Thanks...

Nevermind, I actually read the title of the Ad this time! :)

Yes - it comes with the bracket, but not with the finder shoe / base.

• jadcx changed the title to *SOLD* TS-Optics 8x50 RACI finder with bracket - £60
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StephenH
      HI 
      I bought a TAL 2M last week, its been in storage since 1997 and was absolutely as new with eyepieces still wrapped in tissue and packed in original wood cases, (I bought one back in 96 and let it go), BIG MISTAKE!), It is a one off find , but on assembly I have noticed quite a few black specks in the finder, despite fact that the finder was totally unused still wrapped in tissue, any advice appeciated on how I can remove/clean these, other than that this TAL is in absolutely original condition and is as far as I am concerned a once in a lifetime find
    • By JimFR
      I’ve just acquired the above (birthday prezzie!).
      It’s a nice finder, and a definite boost from the 7x30 bundled with the scope!
      However, I’m struggling to get anywhere near focus with my Pentax K50 on the end of it... anyone know why? There’s no focus mechanism to speak of, other than the objective lens’ mounting thread...
    • By Gary Shaw
      Hi All:
      I just acquired a 200mm F4 newtonian from TS Optics which I'll use primarily for Electronic Assisted Observing with several ZWO cmos cameras. 
      My challenge is that my current scope is an F3.6 schmidt newtonian so I have no experience with coma correctors or spacers/adaptors in the optical train. TS tells me that I need 55mm from the coma corrector (TSGPU) to the sensor. They provided 40 mm of various adaptors and spaces and I guess I get the remaining 15mm from the camera housing itself - as shown in the attached image. The threads on several of the adaptors(see notes) are bad so those pieces need to be replaced but, once that's fixed, I have four questions for this community:
      1. ...is this odd assortment of parts and pieces typically how one goes about achieving the required 55mm dimension  from the Coma Corrector to the camera sensor? Just seems that there must be a simpler, and sturdier way to do this without having to use 4-5 separate parts.
      2. Once all the adaptors add up to the correct dimension and are attached to the Coma Corrector, where does one locate the whole assembly(with coma corrector) in the focuser draw tube?   Is it a matter of trial and error?
      3. If one did not care about viewing peripheral stars looking a bit like comets and didn't, therefore, use the coma corrector, would any of these adaptor/spacers be needed to bring the camera to focus so one could observe using, say, Sharpcap 3.2 Pro or other software?
      4. If I were to use a filter or two, where would these best be located in the lineup and do they work with the various threads and adaptors? 
      Apologies for my lack of experience and thank you for any help you can provide me in understanding how to observe and image with coma correctors 
      Cheers
      Gary

• By rotatux
      Designed on electronic paper, then printed and cut, all in a few hours.
    • By elliot
      I've been looking for a cheapo solution to attach the cheap and ubiquitous red-dot finder to my Celestron 20x80 but didn't like the official clip thing that Celestron sells. Bad reviews complaining of it easily snapping, and to me, overpriced.
      After much research and counting of pennies, I went for this all steel, no-snap solution, costing a whopping £6.90 (with free shipping).  From the top:
      1 x 20mm Dovetail to 11mm Rail adapter. £2.69 with free shipping. 
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20mm-Dovetail-to-11mm-Rail-Mount-Weaver-Picatinny-Rail-Scope-Mount-Rail-SA089-P15/32800225228.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.b0d14c4dzyuqK1

1 x  Picatinny/Weaver 20mm Rail Base Adapter (used to attach scopes to rifle barrels) .  £5.11 with free shipping
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20mm-Picatinny-Weaver-Rail-Mount-Base-Adapter-Tactical-Hunting-Rifle-Gun-Scope-Mount-Converter-Laser-Sight/32792605686.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.b0d14c4dzyuqK1

1 x bit of thick plastic to act as a shim. Anything will do. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.