SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

urgent update for swindon stargazers Club

Hiya guys and gals

I have to advise that as of today I am no longer able to take any more people for the first meeting of the Swindon Stargazers Club as i have now reached the maximum hall capacity allowed of 50 people .

So for anybody who wanted to come but who has not as yet contacted me Im afraid i will not be able at this first meeting to accomodate you However please note

I AM NOT CLOSING THE MEMBERSHIP LIST FOR THE CLUB .

any one still wishing to join the club will be more than welcome to do so and i will just hire a bigger premisses for the next meeting sorry for any inconvienience caused

Pete

Way to go Pete :thumbright:

Are you nervous yet?

I am sure several visitors will be like James and I (from neighbouring counties wanting to be there for your first meeting) so your being over-booked shouldn't put off others from joining or registering an interest.

Hiya Steve

Me nervous never, I'm petrified lol actually Steve believe it or not you and James are going to be the only visitors from further afield every other person on my list is from Swindon and the directly surrounding area. To say I'm flabbergasted is an understatement my flab-er has not been so gasted in ages bud I knew there were going to be be people interested but i have way under estimated the total number that i thought would want to come that list of fifty doesn't even include another list of some half a dozen other people who have told me they cannot make it due to work commitment or other pre booked event .I have a sneaky feeling this is just the tip of a very large iceburgh as i haven't even touched the local schools yet and I know for a fact that there are both staff and students from my daughters school who have voiced an interest

so for now I will just take things as they come and see what happens

best wishes Pete

Pete,

At Abingdon they use a Methodist Church Hall. One large room for their main monthly meeting and a smaller room for the beginners monthly meeting.

Have you contacted the council. I know its hard times, but they might be interested in helping, part sponsoring the club.

Also checking to see that you have myself and my granddaughter Aymi on your list.

John

... believe it or not you and James are going to be the only visitors from further afield every other person on my list is from Swindon and the directly surrounding area. To say I'm flabbergasted is an understatement

Blimey! :thumbright:

hello John fear not i have you indeed on the list and to answer your question i have contacted the council to see if i could hire my local park south community centre as it has a much larger capacity but even in these hard times the council as always appear to be trying to extract the michael cost as they want £19 per hour as opposed to lawns £30 for two hours big difference no wonder they are having to close community centres in swindon if they are charging that sort of money and i was also informed that those cost would only go to march as it was the end of the financial year and we all know what that is council speak for. But on a more positive side one of our possible memebers just so happens to be the head guy of swindons tourism and leisure office so some serious ear bending is going to be aimed in his direction i can tell you

we will just have to play it by ear for now please excuse the pun and see what happens regards Pete

Archived