Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 - The PinWheel Galaxy

AbsolutelyN

• AbsolutelyN changed the title to M101 - The PinWheel Galaxy
5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Lol not as much as that!  Would you mind posting a photo of it fitted?  Do you think I wound benefit from one too?

Sure - I just used three very small pieces of velcro to attach it to the mirror clips. It's centred as best I could manage. Makes a big difference as I had flare radiating out of bright stars. There is still a bit but its nothing in comparison. 

Flare from your 250 didn't look anywhere near as bad from the image you posted last night so not sure but probably worth a try as might tidy them up a bit. Have you flocked the inside of the tube? The top half of mine is flocked, might help with that strange bit of flare perhaps? 

IMG_0737.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mackiedlm said:

Thats a fantastic image. I always find this a really difficult target to do justice on but this is right on point!

Thanks, it was difficult to both capture and process, it has very bright areas and also very faint areas making it a tough target despite its size.