Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 1396 Bicolor full res.

_Spirit_

Lovely image and a great baptism for your new Antlia Oiii 3nm filter.  Cuts through the Bortle 8/9 LP extremely well.

I have only just heard about these Antlia filters, as I was going down the route of the Baader ultranarrowband having bought an Ha 3.5nm a year or so ago, and the Oiii was not available.   Might give this some more thought as this is the 2nd good image I have seen with the Antlia Oiii filter.

I see you are using a Baader Ha filter with it, how does the point of focus compare with the Antlia filter?  They certainly seem to work well together. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro

A big difference to Baader OIII 8,5nm.

Sorry to be a pain. 

Also, what filterwheel does it go in?

I live in  Bortle 8, and find I can only do Oiii in bright targets, and dimmer ones nothing ever shows up with Baader 8.5 nm.  would you say it picks up Oiii in your location better? 

Carole 

Edited by carastro

All my filters are 2''. No wheel - just this 

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p10475_TS-Optics-M48-Filter-Changer---strengthened-Design.html

Sometimes i use filter directly on GPU coma corrector with TS Newton 150/600.  Here o3 baader 8,5nm in this configuration - no flat:

2021-04-10_13h59_54.thumb.jpg.33186431d9d0e63a164136188662a306.jpg

• Like 1