sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Hi all looking for some advice i have recently bought an altair astro 183c upgrading from my 450d canon i had and so i am still getting used to using it in apt now over the very rare last few clear  nights i have imaged messier 101 the pinwheel , and now have over 5 hours of data to edit in photoshop  but i dont seem to getting a great lot of detail i will upload  both autosave and edited version , this was all taken with a skywatcher 130pds 183c 240s subs lights darks bias flats .

any help tips or ideas muchly appreciated 

m101.tif m101 autosave 7-4-21.tif

I mean I think they both look pretty good, I'd be well pleased with them but I'm happy when I shot anything, haha. Personally I think there is a lot of data there, so much of it comes down to the post processing side of things. I thought I'd have a go at doing an edit as I'm waiting for my camera to finish up, this is what I got. I'm trying to learn to do gradient removal with out the use of a plug-in so the background could be a bit more uniformed. 

Pinwheel.jpg

• Like 2
On 11/04/2021 at 02:14, Astro Waves said:

I mean I think they both look pretty good, I'd be well pleased with them but I'm happy when I shot anything, haha. Personally I think there is a lot of data there, so much of it comes down to the post processing side of things. I thought I'd have a go at doing an edit as I'm waiting for my camera to finish up, this is what I got. I'm trying to learn to do gradient removal with out the use of a plug-in so the background could be a bit more uniformed. 

Pinwheel.jpg

Looks great seems to be such a hard target I found i could pull more colour out with less data which I found strange .