Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Dave61

Hello everyone, just joined a few minutes ago.  My name is Dave  and I live on the sunny South Coast here in the UK with my wife and our dog Susie.  As a child I would always look up at the sky and loved to just look at the stars and moon but the one thing that blew me away was Orion my favourite and more so when I first saw it through a pair of binoculars and witnessed the nebula.  So I got my self a celestron travel scope 70 just to look at the moon, and today my Firstscope signature series was delivered.  I have a great love of photography.  I have many books on astronomy and one on how to look at the moon with binoculars as I have a pair of 7x50 that I love looking at the moon with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Floater said:

Welcome. Hope you (and Susie?) have lots of fun. 🙂

Amber, left, says woof!

Thank you Gordon, Susie says Double woof back to Amber.

1 minute ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Welcome to SGL, but be warned some on here are barking mad 🤣

Steve

Thank you, and sounds like I will fit in a treat then...lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave61 said:

My name is Dave  and I live on the sunny South Coast here in the UK with my wife and our dog Susie.

Funny enough having travelled all over the world with my work and holidays in Uk and abroad until last year I had never spent a holiday on the south coast (except Torquay) until last year when Covid stopped my holidays to Spain so we booked a cottage near to Battle for a week and realised what we were missing.
Yes it was Sunny, all week, the skies were dark so took the astro gear and we had a great week, returning in September again this year.
Took my sons dog and he loved the walks and especially the beaches, some of then were so quiet it was great.

One good thing to come out of the covid situation for us anyway.

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Funny enough having travelled all over the world with my work and holidays in Uk and abroad until last year I had never spent a holiday on the south coast (except Torquay) until last year when Covid stopped my holidays to Spain so we booked a cottage near to Battle for a week and realised what we were missing.
Yes it was Sunny, all week, the skies were dark so took the astro gear and we had a great week, returning in September again this year.
Took my sons dog and he loved the walks and especially the beaches, some of then were so quiet it was great.

One good thing to come out of the covid situation for us anyway.

Sounds like you had a great time in Battle, lovely place and have not been for many years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tan Zhi Qi said:

Welcome! Enjoy yourself here! 😆

10 hours ago, SaberJeff said:

welcome

7 hours ago, Thomas Jake said:

Welcome to SGL

Thank you folks.

• Like 1