Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
ahlberto

A curious question

What eye do you use for observing?the right or left and why?I write with my right hand but my best view is from the left eye sinçe is as natural as using my right hand to write...Any toughts?

I use my left eye. I tend to be right handed for most things, although I throw and kick with the left side.

Well my vision in my left eye is worse but I have to use it.... I've never been able to only close my left eye..... (Left vision=20/13 Right= 20/5)

Left eye at the eyepiece and right eye through the finder.... :scratch:

And right handed...

I can remember doing the right eye/Left eye dominant thing when I used to play a lot of snooker.

Left eye, I have a bad astigmatism in the right. It's ok for observing but I have to get my head into some strange positions to use a standard finder.

Right eye in the eyepiece and both eyes at the same time through the telrad.

Right eye for finder and for browsing around the fov; left eye for seriously studying something. Both, obviously, when using a binoviewer but left eye dominates.

left eye in the eyepiece and finder (obviously at different times :( ).

Left-eyed and left-handed. I don't think there's any correlation between handedness and eyed-ness: I think I must have had an uncorrected lazy right eye as a kid so the left eye became dominant. With hands it's meant to be your brain being the wrong way round or whatever.

My father claims to see a difference in colour depending on which eye he uses, which adds a twist to the old "qualia" problem of whether everyone sees colours the same way. I sometimes try using my right eye when viewing planets and I certainly get a different sort of view.

My father claims to see a difference in colour depending on which eye he uses, which adds a twist to the old "qualia" problem of whether everyone sees colours the same way. I sometimes try using my right eye when viewing planets and I certainly get a different sort of view.

I also see a slight colour difference from one eye to the other. It's like the view from one eye is more blue, or cold, and the other eye is warmer.