SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A curious question

ahlberto

What eye do you use for observing?the right or left and why?I write with my right hand but my best view is from the left eye sinçe is as natural as using my right hand to write...Any toughts?

Left eye at the eyepiece and right eye through the finder.... :scratch:

And right handed...

I can remember doing the right eye/Left eye dominant thing when I used to play a lot of snooker.

Left-eyed and left-handed. I don't think there's any correlation between handedness and eyed-ness: I think I must have had an uncorrected lazy right eye as a kid so the left eye became dominant. With hands it's meant to be your brain being the wrong way round or whatever.

My father claims to see a difference in colour depending on which eye he uses, which adds a twist to the old "qualia" problem of whether everyone sees colours the same way. I sometimes try using my right eye when viewing planets and I certainly get a different sort of view.

My father claims to see a difference in colour depending on which eye he uses, which adds a twist to the old "qualia" problem of whether everyone sees colours the same way. I sometimes try using my right eye when viewing planets and I certainly get a different sort of view.

I also see a slight colour difference from one eye to the other. It's like the view from one eye is more blue, or cold, and the other eye is warmer.

Archived