sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

COMPLETED - SOLD Starwave 152 F5.9

I think I'm going to regret this...

Starwave 152 F5.9 900mm FL. This has a fully multicoated, very nicely figured doublet objective.  I don't really know how they've done this but the CA in this scope is very minor, even on lunar, and the views are very sharp. It's the best rich field scope I've ever had, pulling out a lot of stars with a three degree actual field with the right eyepieces. Lovely views of M42 and other DSOs in this.

The big three inch dual speed focuser has a full 100mm of travel, holds heavy EPs with ease, and is the only scope I've had that could have taken an ES30mm 100 degree and three inch diagonal.

Upgraded long Vixen dovetail with plenty of mounting marks. Optics are nice and clear with the usual light dust making no difference to the views, which are very clear.

OTA has some marks under the dovetail where the white OTA paint has been touched up but naturally that doesn't make any difference to the views.

Need funds for mother projects.

OTA, rings and dovetail in original box - £520 plus postage.

IMG_20210404_180151.jpg

IMG_20210404_180217.jpg

IMG_20210404_180228.jpg

IMG_20210404_180512.jpg

IMG_20210404_180657.jpg

Edited by Commanderfish
  • Like 5

Update - I've weighed this scope with tube rings and it's long Vixen dovetail which I added, and it only weighs 9.1kg.  Some websites say 11kg but it just isn't. It's only 1.5kg more than my 5" Apo triplet.

I'm not an imager but I have been impressed by how very little CA there is. There's noticeably less than on my old Evostar 120 F8.3.  Must be witchcraft (or rather, good optics and FMC coatings).

I've only noticed CA on the edge of the moon and even then it is very thin indeed.

• Like 1
Just now, garryblueboy said:

I had the TTS version with a quark excellent views 

I have the Tecnosky version :thumbsup:

Dave

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

That would play well with a quark, where abouts are you?

His Info Says Wimbledon 👍

• Like 1

Good luck with the sale. This is a scope I would love to own (if not for space in the house, funds in the bank, time to use it, and permission from the boss!). I recently sold an ST102. Not in the same league as this I know, but I already miss having wide field frac with reasonable aperture (and 6" of this quality must be utterly epic). The deep sky views were magical from a dark site.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Size9Hex said:

Good luck with the sale. This is a scope I would love to own (if not for space in the house, funds in the bank, time to use it, and permission from the boss!). I recently sold an ST102. Not in the same league as this I know, but I already miss having wide field frac with reasonable aperture (and 6" of this quality must be utterly epic). The deep sky views were magical from a dark site.

Thanks, it is pretty epic - best rich field scope I've had - but needs to be sold for Flourite Taks sadly. It's not that big with the dew shield in...

• Like 1