SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Integrated Flux Nebula

clarkpm4242

My entry into the SGL 'IFN Gallery'.

Another 1st attempt.  Two pane pano Left - 50 x 180s, Right - 58 x 180s.  RASA 8 , ASI 2600 MC Pro.  Unguided iOptron CEM 40...

...processed in Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop (Gradientxterminator and Noels Actions) and MS Image Composite Editor.

A question - at what point do fellow imagers composite the multi-pane image?  If I'm doing nightscapes I composite the mosaic early in the process, with this having so much levels and curves procesing I did it much later.

Will be redone after some sleep  :) especially the blown out stars!  Better when clicked.

Cheers Paul

35 IFN M81 M82.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 10

29 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

A question - at what point do fellow imagers composite the multi-pane image?

I advocate doing that in linear phase after gradient elimination / background wipe and before any further processing.

• Thanks 1

Mmmm, In P.I. I tend to stack each of the panes first,, use STF and Histogram Transform. Then SCNR to remove the green. DBE comes next to even out the backgrounds (pull the DBE process to the desktop and apply to each pane for consistancy). I then save as 16 bit tiffs and open them in PS CS3 to assemble the mosaic.

Alternately if using APP just throw all your subs in the lights box, make sure you have mosaic mode selected and go and make coffee/watch a film while it sorts the whole image out for you...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clarkpm4242 said:

My entry into the SGL 'IFN Gallery'.

Well I think that is stunningly good - I would be well pleased if my attempt had worked that well. Really enjoying looking at the structure in the IFN.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

P.S. When it comes to mosaics I'm an APP fan.

25 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Alternately if using APP just throw all your subs in the lights box, make sure you have mosaic mode selected and go and make coffee/watch a film while it sorts the whole image out for you...

I couldn't agree more! APP has never failed for me with mosaics and everytime I am impressed with how well it works.

• Thanks 1