Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Starquest 130p won't slide onto the mount?

Hello, 

Just recieved my first telescope and am having difficulty getting the telescope to slide onto the mount. I have followed the instructions perfectly but the green part won't slide into the mount on the tripod. I have even scratched the paint on it from trying for so long. I have also tried removing the bolt in the center as that's what seems to be blocking it, but have not been able to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG-20210329-WA0003.jpeg

20210329_145843.jpg

20210329_145823.jpg

19 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Unbolt the rings from the dovetail and then slide the dovetail on to the mount. Reattach the rings and then adjust the telescope for balance. Leave the rings attached to the dovetail and remove the telescope from the rings when not in use.

Thanks for the reply, to do this i will need to remove the two circlular screws either side of the hexagonal screw or all of them?

Edit: All good I got it, thanks for the advice! 😁

Edited by mickaa

1 hour ago, mickaa said:

Hello, 

Just recieved my first telescope and am having difficulty getting the telescope to slide onto the mount. I have followed the instructions perfectly but the green part won't slide into the mount on the tripod. I have even scratched the paint on it from trying for so long. I have also tried removing the bolt in the center as that's what seems to be blocking it, but have not been able to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like you are trying to slide the OTA down the mount. There is a straight side and beveled side on the mount. You should slot the dove tail into the beveled side. This user review (on this website) shows what I mean - the bit in question is at 11.40 if you want to skip ahead.

Starquest review