Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clavius Crater

Lurcher

Hi all,

Here's another attempt I made of the beautiful Clavius Crater. Still not quite there. It's the beautiful curve of the craters on the crater floor that make Clavius so beautiful and I keep not quite getting that, but I think this is my closest yet! . . . . next time I'll crack it, next time!

ScanItem-001.jpg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, acr_astro said:

What type of paper did you use? 

Hi Achim, thanks for your comment. I'm afraid I can't remember the details of the paper I used. I bought a pack which contains a few sheets of black, white and varying shades of grey. It's fairly thick almost like a thin card. But I must've bought it about two years ago and I've only used it a couple of times, so I'm sorry I can't remember even where I ordered it now.  

Hi,

that's fine. I expected that you used some grey paper. The exact brand isn't important.

A good idea with the white ink parts. That adds a realistic view of the bright crater rims.

Clear skies

Achim

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike JW said:

Hi 'Lurcher',

I always enjoy your approach to lunar sketching - catches the feel of the object.

Mike

Hey Mike, Great to hear from you again. Many thanks for your comment.

It's been too long since I posted anything on here. I've been busy observing and sketching, but most of my deep sky sketches are so rough I haven't felt confident about posting them here. But still enjoying it, so must be better at posting and making contact with people again.

Thanks and all the best,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

I have had a long break from sketching - not enough time to pursue all my astro interests and others. I so enjoy my EEVA explorations. Tonight I did view a lovely moon and thought maybe I should get the sketching materials out again.

All the best

Mike

• Like 1